Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Naruto 693

  1. #1
    Diego Quality rockmanj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lovin' On the Run
    Posts
    2,959

    Naruto 693

    Chapter 693

    I thought Sasuke was supposed to be smart. Does he really think anyone would let him be Hokage after all the shit he has pulled? He is either an idiot or delusional, and those are not two qualities you want in a country's leader. Not to mention that he isn't the most charismatic of people.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj View Post
    Chapter 693

    I thought Sasuke was supposed to be smart. Does he really think anyone would let him be Hokage after all the shit he has pulled? He is either an idiot or delusional, and those are not two qualities you want in a country's leader. Not to mention that he isn't the most charismatic of people.
    Apparently there is supposed to be some reveal about what Sasuke means as Hokage. I am going to assume Sasukes version of Hokage is going to be the litteral meaning of the word. Fire:Shadow... As in he plans to burn everything and then cast a shadow over the world with the ashes. No being serious now I wonder what he means exactly? Almost sounds like he is going to start a dictatorship. Order all fertile females ages 13-25 to line up outside his private chambers so he can officially restart the uchiha clan. lol

    Okay maybe I'm not really being serious. I find that it's absolutely stupid how Sasuke turned "bad" or "evil" again so quickly and easily etc. But it's a million times better then the whole kaguya stuff and this IS HOW I WANTED NARUTO TO END! So at least I am sort of happy for the first time in about 40 chapters or maybe even 50-70 chapters. Also did anyone else feel like sasuke kind of minds you of Lelouch Lamperouge? Even more so with the one eye being the rinnigan and just the whole art style and angle reminded me of many of the shots of Lelouch mainly when Lelouch was scheming or being somewhat evil. (It's only a couple shots of sasuke that look this way. )
    Last edited by viperwasp; Thu, 09-25-2014 at 01:00 PM.

  3. #3
    Diego Quality rockmanj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lovin' On the Run
    Posts
    2,959
    Quote Originally Posted by viperwasp View Post
    Apparently there is supposed to be some reveal about what Sasuke means as Hokage. I am going to assume Sasukes version of Hokage is going to be the litteral meaning of the word. Fire:Shadow... As in he plans to burn everything and then cast a shadow over the world with the ashes. No being serious now I wonder what he means exactly? Almost sounds like he is going to start a dictatorship. Order all fertile females ages 13-25 to line up outside his private chambers so he can officially restart the uchiha clan. lol

    Okay maybe I'm not really being serious. I find that it's absolutely stupid how Sasuke turned "bad" or "evil" again so quickly and easily etc. But it's a million times better then the whole kaguya stuff and this IS HOW I WANTED NARUTO TO END! So at least I am sort of happy for the first time in about 40 chapters or maybe even 50-70 chapters. Also did anyone else feel like sasuke kind of minds you of Lelouch Lamperouge? Even more so with the one eye being the rinnigan and just the whole art style and angle reminded me of many of the shots of Lelouch mainly when Lelouch was scheming or being somewhat evil. (It's only a couple shots of sasuke that look this way. )
    The problem with Sasuke's ideas is that he seems to think that people will do what he says just because he is strong (Which is what Indra did). Who would follow him, assuming he is able to kill Naruto? He would just end up a hunted criminal AGAIN. Basically Naruto is his only salvation at this point and he is too much of an idiot to see that apparently (ironic, being that he has the superior eyes). I don't think this is him changing back to being "bad". He can work on a team if it serves his purposes (whatever those are) but in the end, he usually goes for himself afterward. We saw it with Team 7, with Oro, with Taka (Remember him sacrificing Karin?) and now with the united ninja alliance. If anything, his assholery has been consistent.

  4. #4
    not over yet Death BOO Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,180
    it's basically 'betray the ones you love before they betray you'. he's just going through it in an accelerated pace.

  5. #5
    Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,003
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj View Post
    The problem with Sasuke's ideas is that he seems to think that people will do what he says just because he is strong (Which is what Indra did). Who would follow him, assuming he is able to kill Naruto? He would just end up a hunted criminal AGAIN. Basically Naruto is his only salvation at this point and he is too much of an idiot to see that apparently (ironic, being that he has the superior eyes). I don't think this is him changing back to being "bad". He can work on a team if it serves his purposes (whatever those are) but in the end, he usually goes for himself afterward. We saw it with Team 7, with Oro, with Taka (Remember him sacrificing Karin?) and now with the united ninja alliance. If anything, his assholery has been consistent.
    I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of people who agree with him. Well, I'm sure I would be pretty sure there would be a lot of people who agreed with him if I was sure I knew wtf he's on about. People who really do think along the lines of "Yeah, this is true, there really does need to be a change but what are ya gonna 'bout it?" If someone with the power to actually make that change occur exists, and is willing, his supporters will come out. Now as far as him being an asshole, well yeah that's true. I kind of hate him but mostly because of his status as a main character.

    If I step back a bit, and analyze him as simply a citizen of the world he lives in, I like him better than the vast majority of the people involved in that war, and better than all the kages. Murderous, self-serving, and hypocrital. They're all these things in various combinations, and the fact that they came together to defeat something that threatened to destroy all they've labored to build doesn't make me forget that.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

    - Inquisitor Czevak

  6. #6
    Linerunner MFauli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,029
    Most forced fight in shounen history. There was NO reason to have Sasuke and Naruto fighting at this point. But hey, itīs the end of the manga and they HAVE to, right, Kishimoto?

    Also, most lol-moment of the chapter: "I dont see what she likes about me, and Im honestly not interested in her at all."

    YOU DONT SAY!111!

    The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

  7. #7
    ANBU Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    its a secret
    Posts
    666
    I don't get his character. He doesn't even know what he wants to change but he wants to "change it". He's like a woman who can't decide on dinner choices but doesn't want anything that's been proposed. His brother killed everyone so he wants to kill him, then finds out he was good then wants to destroy konoha, then his brother comes back from the dead to ensure he doesn't do anything stupid to perpetuate the circle of hate but at that point he (and all the readers) have been turned around so much no one knows wtf to think about the leaf anymore. That's when you just be honest and say I'm not throwing another shrunken before I get some goddamn answers! Hell, he's got so much weight to throw around and potential allies that are willing to help (Naruto) he could do ANYTHING. Too bad that his pride won't let Naruto help him. He's just an immature child wielding nukes for eyes that bend and twist reality.....why is he so pissed when the author has made him beyond capable? This manga character is infuriating

  8. #8
    Come to think of it wasn't there a short animated clip released near when Shippudden started a few years ago that showed Naruto and Sasuke at the end of a battle? Naruto was on the ground with Sasuke looking over him and as Sasuke walks away Sakura and Kakashi come running to Naruto.

  9. #9
    Banned darkshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Phantom Zone
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter View Post
    Come to think of it wasn't there a short animated clip released near when Shippudden started a few years ago that showed Naruto and Sasuke at the end of a battle? Naruto was on the ground with Sasuke looking over him and as Sasuke walks away Sakura and Kakashi come running to Naruto.
    Naruto x UT
    -----------------

  10. #10
    Diego Quality rockmanj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lovin' On the Run
    Posts
    2,959
    Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    Naruto x UT

    Can be found here.

  11. #11
    ANBU Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    its a secret
    Posts
    666
    What's with is Naruto the Last or the End? Is there going to be another time skip or is it just the movie?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •