Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: One Piece 701

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    AdmiralKage DarthEnderX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NinjaPirate HQ
    Posts
    8,324

    One Piece 701

    701


























    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Man, the Doflamingo family looked sooooo much cooler in the past. Now they're all old and fat and goofy.

    Lao G looks especially bad for only being 16 years later.

  2. #2
    Vampiric Minion Kraco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    16,770
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Man, the Doflamingo family looked sooooo much cooler in the past. Now they're all old and fat and goofy.

    Lao G looks especially bad for only being 16 years later.
    Can't really blame them. That's what easy life with unlimited riches does to people. These guys have also the unfortunate extra of serving under an (ex-)celestrial dragon. Just recall how stupid and deranged those guys looked back during the Shabondy arc. There's no saving them.

    Law had quite an unfortunate past, for sure. Flamingo shouldn't be saying anything to him about his own past misfortune. It can hardly be worse, except in his own opinion, of course.

  3. #3
    Moderator Emeritus Assertn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Hollywood
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    Can't really blame them. That's what easy life with unlimited riches does to people. These guys have also the unfortunate extra of serving under an (ex-)celestrial dragon. Just recall how stupid and deranged those guys looked back during the Shabondy arc. There's no saving them.

    Law had quite an unfortunate past, for sure. Flamingo shouldn't be saying anything to him about his own past misfortune. It can hardly be worse, except in his own opinion, of course.
    I don't think people consider Doflamingo's past to be necessarily more traumatic than Law's, just moreso that Doflamingo's circumstances make him more dangerous than anybody who doesn't know could realize.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

  4. #4
    Vampiric Minion Kraco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    16,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn View Post
    I don't think people consider Doflamingo's past to be necessarily more traumatic than Law's, just moreso that Doflamingo's circumstances make him more dangerous than anybody who doesn't know could realize.
    That's indeed true about it marking him as more dangerous since the celestial dragons don't give a shit about other people's lives and think they are above everyone else. However, he clearly sounded like he considers his fate the most miserable of all due to his dad taking his family away from the celestial lands. That's clearly his own personal opinion and natural for people who fell from grace, even though it would mean little to others.

  5. #5
    AdmiralKage DarthEnderX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NinjaPirate HQ
    Posts
    8,324
    It seems pretty obvious that Law cured his White Lead poisoning with the Op Op Fruit.

    I'm guessing Flamingo lets him eat it so he can do the Eternal Youth operation on him, and it won't matter if it kills him since Law is dying soon anyway. But obviously Law betrays him instead.


    I don't think Law's sister is really dead either. Oda could have just killed her along with the rest of the family, but instead Oda went out of his way to make sure she died in a way Law couldn't see it happen.

  6. #6
    Vampiric Minion Kraco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    16,770
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    I don't think Law's sister is really dead either. Oda could have just killed her along with the rest of the family, but instead Oda went out of his way to make sure she died in a way Law couldn't see it happen.
    What could have saved her, though? She looked like a terminal patient that couldn't move on her own, so very close to death already. Law obviously still had much more time left at that point. Without the disease and with only a regular genocide it would have been a traditional twist indeed.

  7. #7
    AdmiralKage DarthEnderX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NinjaPirate HQ
    Posts
    8,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    What could have saved her, though?
    Some person?

  8. #8
    Vampiric Minion Kraco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    16,770
    Right. It was viewed as an incurable disease, which ultimately led to the genocide and the scorching of the city. Nobody inside or outside could offer any ideas regarding a cure. It would be strange if "some person" snatched a sick girl from a closet and somehow saved her. Let's keep in mind at that point Flamingo didn't know Law, so he couldn't have saved her (assuming he could have somehow cured her) in order to blackmail Law later. I'm not saying someone saving her couldn't have happened, but it better have a good explanation. Something a bit better than a colleague from the outside deciding to come help their old man and happening to arrive just then.

  9. #9
    AdmiralKage DarthEnderX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NinjaPirate HQ
    Posts
    8,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    It would be strange if "some person" snatched a sick girl from a closet and somehow saved her.
    No stranger than it was when "some people" pulled Sabo out of the ocean when he was blown up.

    As for her illness, this is a world were every magic power exists. If Law could use the the Op-Op fruit to pull the lead out of his body(which, again, is my current assumption), there are probably other fruits that could have saved her in other ways(a healing fruit, or a lead fruit that just lets the user control the lead to leave her body, etc.)

  10. #10
    Vampiric Minion Kraco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Age
    42
    Posts
    16,770
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    No stranger than it was when "some people" pulled Sabo out of the ocean when he was blown up.

    As for her illness, this is a world were every magic power exists. If Law could use the the Op-Op fruit to pull the lead out of his body(which, again, is my current assumption), there are probably other fruits that could have saved her in other ways(a healing fruit, or a lead fruit that just lets the user control the lead to leave her body, etc.)
    Indeed, I'm not saying it would be technically impossible, but the question remains: Why? Sabo's stunt was public, but nobody aside from Law even knew the girl was in the closet. She was also just a random girl, not someone who went against the world government, after a fashion.

  11. #11
    Moderator Emeritus Assertn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Hollywood
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,998
    She's a character introduced via a flashback. Everyone knows characters introduced via flashbacks die during the flashbacks.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

  12. #12
    Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,561
    She ran out at the last moment and found someone who she begged for help.*
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •