Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 404

Thread: Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

  1. #381
    Linerunner MFauli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,071
    Well, this is majorly offtopic imo, but abortion is pretty clear cut evil if you don't bullshit your way through it.

    Unless you kill the zygote or later on the fetus, it will become a human being, accidents/diseases aside. Pro-choicers only get to claim moral superiority because they choose to ignore that fact, focus on societal issues (women's rights) over biological facts (the "cell clump" as they love to call it is a growing human being and you choose to kill it) and silence every opposition by screaching "misogynist!".

    You can ignore all religious bs in all of that. From a scientific pov, pro-choice is evil, the villains being feminists here. But that can't be said in today's toxic society, so whatever.

    The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

  2. #382
    AdmiralKage DarthEnderX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NinjaPirate HQ
    Posts
    8,255
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    You can ignore all religious bs in all of that. From a scientific pov, pro-choice is evil
    From a purely scientific view, masturbating is evil. Cause every time you do it, you're killing millions of sperm that could have grown into human beings.

  3. #383
    Linerunner MFauli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,071
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    From a purely scientific view, masturbating is evil. Cause every time you do it, you're killing millions of sperm that could have grown into human beings.
    No, they couldn't. A sperm by itself would under no circumstances grow into a human being.

    The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

  4. #384
    Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,707
    abortion is pretty clear cut evil if you don't bullshit your way through it.
    No it's not - lets proceed talking about this in the context of the anime now.

  5. #385
    AdmiralKage DarthEnderX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NinjaPirate HQ
    Posts
    8,255
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    No, they couldn't. A sperm by itself would under no circumstances grow into a human being.
    It would if you saved it and found a viable egg for it.

    If you're not doing that for each of them, you're killing all of those people. You fucking monster.

    Point being, your so-called "scientific" cutoff is actually has nothing to do with science and is just your own personal morality.

    "This cell isn't a person. Okay, NOW it's a person."

  6. #386
    Linerunner MFauli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,071
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    It would if you saved it and found a viable egg for it.

    If you're not doing that for each of them, you're killing all of those people. You fucking monster.

    Point being, your so-called "scientific" cutoff is actually has nothing to do with science and is just your own personal morality.

    "This cell isn't a person. Okay, NOW it's a person."

    No, what you're doing here is an argumentum ad absurdum. But it's easily refuted: A zygote *will* become a full-fledged human being, non-conditionally. A sperm requires lots of conditions, unless we lived in a world where women were readily available to allow themselves get impregnated by any guy who feels like busting a nut.

    Again: Pro-choice supporters make up lots of bs definitions and terms to avoid the one central truth: abortion kills a human being.

    I would have more respect for pro-choicers if they at least acknowledged that and then tried arguing from there. Of course, that's less pleasant to tell in public, "yes, it's murder, but I believe a woman's right to her body is more valuable than the life of a child".

    The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

  7. #387
    AdmiralKage DarthEnderX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NinjaPirate HQ
    Posts
    8,255
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    No, what you're doing here is an argumentum ad absurdum.
    So are you. You just refuse to see it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    But it's easily refuted: A zygote *will* become a full-fledged human being, non-conditionally.
    Blatently false. Countless conditions still haveto be met in order for a zygote to become a fully formed human.

    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Again: Pro-choice supporters make up lots of bs definitions and terms to avoid the one central truth
    Again: You're doing the exact same thing.

  8. #388
    Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Amaburi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,327
    Feel free to continue discussion about morality and re:zero in this thread.

    If you feel that your next posts would be more centered around morality and abortion etc in general, click the following link:

    Link

    Feel free to cross reference each other if required.

    If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

  9. #389
    Linerunner MFauli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,071
    episode 4:

    It was nice to finally see Subaru's real life, always wanted to see that. Although I'm not entirely sure what made him THAT depressed. So he stopped being the best without putting effort in it, okay. And compared to his father. Okay.

    Also, did Subaru know this all was fake? Because he gets ready to go to school, yet remembers Emilia and Rem. But he showed know signs of wanting to go back to their world where things are looking dire.

    The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

  10. #390
    Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    2,258
    I figured he thought that the only way to break out of it is by doing something he didn't do before. Go to school.

  11. #391
    AdmiralKage DarthEnderX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NinjaPirate HQ
    Posts
    8,255
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    Although I'm not entirely sure what made him THAT depressed. So he stopped being the best without putting effort in it, okay. And compared to his father. Okay.
    Hey man, it's hard being a kid in a country with no real problems.

  12. #392
    Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,707
    Well, the impact certainly wasn't shown well enough and I don't think that it is possible to do so in just 1 episode and a flashback of 3 minutes.

  13. #393
    Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Amaburi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,327
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    episode 4:

    It was nice to finally see Subaru's real life, always wanted to see that. Although I'm not entirely sure what made him THAT depressed. So he stopped being the best without putting effort in it, okay. And compared to his father. Okay.

    Also, did Subaru know this all was fake? Because he gets ready to go to school, yet remembers Emilia and Rem. But he showed know signs of wanting to go back to their world where things are looking dire.
    If I were him, I'd conclude that I was in a dream as opposed to being in a test.

    Subaru's mum being insightful as fuck was interesting. I never really felt his eyes looked evil despite how they harped on about it in the past.

    If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

  14. #394
    Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Amaburi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,327
    Episode 30

    -----------------------













    Yay to the return of our sexy assassin. I quite liked her as a character.

    If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

  15. #395
    Linerunner MFauli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,071
    slow episode

    Tbh I dislike 2 things atm:

    - Echidna taking away Subaru's memory when he's not inside her realm. It keeps any progress from happening

    - Roswal having manufactured everything that happened to get Emilia some clout with the people for her candidature. Does Roswal know about Subaru's curse? If not, that is super dumb. He couldn't have known that Subaru actually had the the means to support Emilia. So was his actual plain to have her fail? If so ... wtf?!

    I hope we leave the exposition episodes now and get both some action as well as clear cut answers and consequences.

    The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

  16. #396
    Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Amaburi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,327
    Quote Originally Posted by MFauli
    - Roswal having manufactured everything that happened to get Emilia some clout with the people for her candidature. Does Roswal know about Subaru's curse? If not, that is super dumb. He couldn't have known that Subaru actually had the the means to support Emilia. So was his actual plain to have her fail? If so ... wtf?!
    I'm not sure that she erased his memories of his second trip. She seemed much more cool with it. I'm 50/50 about this one.

    - Roswal having manufactured everything that happened to get Emilia some clout with the people for her candidature. Does Roswal know about Subaru's curse? If not, that is super dumb. He couldn't have known that Subaru actually had the the means to support Emilia. So was his actual plain to have her fail? If so ... wtf?!
    More like "She won't get the throne like this, so either go big or go home die trying."

    If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

  17. #397
    Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,707
    Pretty sure she didn't erase his memories. Subaru clearly remembers that he took the test and completed it.

  18. #398
    Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,707
    Episode 31:


    Pretty sure that this episode has been the best by far in terms of using the experience of the last life - or rather, the interactions that came from it were, this time around, a lot more "fluent" than in the past.
    Things like him saying "Uhm, dude - you are supposed to give me something" were hilarious.

    And it seems like Roswal is on to Subaru, this time more than last time.

    On top of that, when I think about it, Subaru's psyche and must be in the gutter again if this keeps on going.
    Just imagine him dying like he does all the time, just to wake up next to the girl he loves at his current "checkpoint" who is in trouble - having to support her emotionally when just 2 seconds ago, he died a horrible death.
    At some point... you just can't do that anymore.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Today at 12:45 AM.

  19. #399
    AdmiralKage DarthEnderX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    NinjaPirate HQ
    Posts
    8,255
    I think Subs is just getting tired/frustrated with trying to hide it and knows that as long as he doesn't SAY it, nothing will happen.

    Especially when he's in a hurry.

  20. #400
    Linerunner MFauli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,071
    I honestly wonder how much Roswal knows or doesnt know. He certainly has this "knows pretty much everything"-aura about him. And I think I said this before, but it's just irrational that he'd honestly expect a normal guy like Subaru to achieve all the things he just "like that". I know there's the possibility that he planned for Emilia to fail and just takes Subaru's success as a nice bonus, but even then he should be curious about how he does it. Also didn't Beatrice actually remember Subaru even after he dies? I think something like that was shown early in S1.


    Btw have talked about Elza? I just wonder: What makes some characters SO strong? We've seen 4 characters that overpower the rest: Roswal, Reinhard, Elza and Wilhelm. I'm excluding Beatric and Puck because they're otherworldly beings. Roswal is mysterious magician, Reinhardt a prodigiy and son/grandson of Wilhelm who whimself is a seasoned hero. Does this mean Elza is also more than just some assassin? I mean, sees even beyond someone like Betelgeuse. Subaru managed to evade Betelgeuse's attacks, but he can't even see Elza's attacks coming. So this is why I'm wondering if Elza is also some witch or otherwise special "being".

    The first fictional loli that made me fall for her

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •